Intro to Kids Yoga Philosophy Online Course
Time & Location
About the Event
This course is for parents, caregivers, educators and anyone who wants to bring more mindfulness into your own life & the lives of the children you interact with. You will learn guided meditations, and experience daily practices (which cultivates non-reacitivity, which helps us work with kids). What makes this course special is our framing of how yoga philosophy weaves eloquently with non-violent communication.
THE PROGRAM INCLUDES:
* Reading Assignments
* (3) Prerecorded lectures with Deven about the history of yoga, kids yoga and how to translate this for kids
* Self-reflective journal questions & guided meditations in a beautiful pdf packet
* Guided meditations & yoga videos to watch and do (with your kids)
This course is available until February 12, 2021 on preorder for $108, afterwards it will be available for $128
The Yamas & Niyamas by Deborah Adele (also available on Audible for listening) & Living NonViolent Communication Edition 3 by Marhsall Rosenberg
SAMPLE JOURNALING EXPLORATION
“Ultimately, we have just one moral duty, to reclaim large areas of peace in ourselves, more and more peace within ourselves and to reflect it towards others.” Ahimsa, or non-violence, is an ethical guideline about reclaiming this peace through intentional nourishment, self-care, through community support, through quiet reflection and finding a balance in life that is unique to you.
1. What does Balance feel like for you? What actions/habits supports your ability to find peacefulness and balance?
2. What does it feel like when you are out of balance?
This course takes place online at any time over three weeks to investigate the reading, homework and self-care techniques. Once you register, you will receive a welcome letter with your first reading assignments.